We inspect the following
- Roofing – flashings and chimney(s)
- Exterior – gutters & downspouts, soffits & fascia, lot grading, wall surfaces, porches, decks
- Structure – footings, foundations, walls, floor sills, beams, joists
- Heating and Cooling Systems – distribution piping
- Electrical – distribution panel, wiring, GFCI
- Plumbing – supply, drain pipes, fixtures
- Insulation – in attic, walls and basement areas
- Interior – floors, walls, ceilings, stairs, windows, fireplaces/wood stoves, basement/crawl space
- Residential and multi-unit residential
- Commercial and multi-unit commercial
- WETT (Wood Energy Technology Transfer)
- Tarion new home warranty
- Swimming Pool and Spa Inspection
This process takes 2-1/2 to 3 hours. The Inspector goes through his findings step by step with the buyer. Be prepared to ask lots of questions. If you are planning any remodeling in the future, now is a good time to find out what can be done, how to do it and approximate cost.
We also do Environmental Testing
Please Note: Not all services are available at all locations.
- Radon Gas – short term screening – long term Alpha track testing – waterborne testing
- Carbon Monoxide Testing
- Lead Tests for paint, soil, and water
- Water Testing – To determine the potability of your well or cistern water
- Wood Destroying Organisms (WDO)/Termites
- Indoor air quality
- UFFI – formaldehyde vapour monitoring
- Asbestos and Lead Detection
- Lead/Radon VOCs-in-Well Water
- Well Water Quality
- Septic Systems (many banks are now requiring that inspections are done prior to approving your mortgage. This is because they know that if a septic system needs to be replaced, it can cost the new homeowner $10,000 or more)
- Provides an overview of the house and compares it to similar homes.
- Identifies potentially significant expenses over the short term with recommendations of repairs, estimated costs and priorities.
- Is given on site in your Home Reference Manual that also contains a Seasonal Maintenance Checklist and a Home Filing System.