WHY IS MOULD A PROBLEM?
Mould is a fungus that grows on, or in, damp and decaying vegetable matter. Moulds are microorganisms that cause allergies, asthma, and other health problems. Mould is not a friendly cohabiter, and experts say: People should not live in mouldy houses!
When mould is found in housing units, it should be removed for the long-term health and comfort of the occupants. As moulds are not desirable indoors, and are relatively easy to get rid of, it is advisable to act before health problems arise.